Custom Search

Monday, September 6, 2010

Jett Travolta

John Travolta finally admitted that Jett had autism. Many parents of kids with autism were pretty convinced that Jett did have autism, but John Travolta denied it. He said Jett had Kawasaki disease (a disease involving inflammation of the blood vessels and high fever), which he may also have had at some point in time.

After all of the horrible pain his family has gone through, he decided to not pursue the extortion charges against the paramedic that arrived to treat Jett and a Bahamian politician.

I guess I am happy that he finally confirmed it, as I don't think autism is anything to hide or be ashamed of. Of course, I don't think John had to "admit" to anything per se, but by repeatedly denying his son had autism it seemed that he felt the need to hide something or maybe he was in denial.

Really it's none of my business, or anyone else's for that matter, but since he is a celebrity we know more of his personal life than we need to. I just hope that his family is able to remember the good times with Jett and let their new son know about the brother he never got to meet.

No comments: