Custom Search

Monday, August 23, 2010

It's 1:27 am...

And Celest is up crying and singing/whining that she's a baby because I won't let her "watch please" or "watch TV now". At first I thought she was asking for a watch to wear, since she said she wanted a green watch, then a yellow watch. Finally she threw on the "TV" part so I knew what she meant. She is so tired and grouchy. I can't imagine she's going to be any happier when we have to wake up in five hours to get ready for the first day of school.

Hopefully she will be tired enough tomorrow night to fall asleep at a decent hour. About three-to-four months of seeing a psychiatrist to get a sleeping medication that will work has been unsuccessful. I was informed at my last appointment that this new prescription will be the last the doctor will try. I guess we're just supposed to deal with little-to-no sleep for months on end. It seems like modern medicine would have something that works.

The one medicine that did work was causing involuntary muscle spasms on Celest's face (tardive dyskinesia), which would become permanent if we didn't stop the medicine. It figures. Hmm...

No comments: