Custom Search

Friday, May 20, 2011

The School Year is Almost Over

I'm back to that slightly evil feeling I get when I wish the school year wasn't over. It's not that I don't love my kids and enjoy being around them. It's just that they get bored easily and I have trouble entertaining them. Then things can get ugly.

For instance, when bored, their hobbies may include:
  • throwing temper tantrums for no apparent reason
  • going to the bathroom every 5-20 minutes and getting naked/making a mess
  • fighting over the TV remote, ipod, and/or my cell phone
  • mindlessly eating snacks
  • sneaking out of the room I'm in to get into something they shouldn't be
I work from home the majority of the time, so this can make my work situation a smidge less than optimal. Also, I feel guilty for working instead of doing things with them. Then when I'm doing things with them I'm thinking, "I need to get to work!"

Anyway, whether or not I'm ready, schools out in roughly two weeks.

No comments: